The BlogThe WebsiteTutorialsHow TosCustomer Reviews

Welcome to my Extra Icing blog!

My Business is YOUR Business! Check out Extra Icing Website for "MEMBERS ONLY - Exclusive How To Videos!"
The most affordable downloadable tutorials right HERE!
Follow me on FACEBOOK.

Sunday, 5 August 2012

Tom & Jerry rules!

Finally...it's done.  This is Daniel's 5th birthday cake.  The cakes are both madeira with vanilla buttercream filling, 9" and 7" rounds, with a little uneven carving to make them more "cheese" like.  Tom is made from Rice Crispies and mini mallows melted with a knob of butter.  Making those things drives me NUTS but what you can do with them and how light they are is a bonus, so I guess I'll keep on doing it if I get the results I look for in the end.  All the cursing is worth it.  Tom stands 10" tall and the entire creation is on a 16" x 18" board, covered in red paste (because I had so much of it left over from previous and had to use it soon!) and airbrushed a little darker than I wanted but it still turned out okay in the end.  Can't wait to see Daniel's face now.  I hope he recognises his favourite cartoon characters otherwise I've had it!

1 comment:

cakes online india@country Flora said...

Amazing pictures ! I wish i wold have then on my portal.